Monday, September 29, 2008

In the Back Yard Doing Laps

The Jonathon Page Cyclocross weekend went spectacular. Everyone told me how great of a time they had and how much fun it was. The guy from Belgium Knee Warmers was even there. Which is really cool seeing that his blog is considered one of the best in cycling. The only downside of the whole thing is that I was not there. That is right, I missed my chance to see world class riders compete in my own backyard. I consider the State my backyard and the lake my front, which is why my crib is so fresh(all that water). I did not attend because my bike is still in the process of being built up, yet I could have spectated. Anyway, I am waiting until Wednesday so Andy can teach me to hook up my derailor a.k.a. do it for me. I suppose that I could do it myself, but all the thinking i have done about not racing cyclocross has left me mentally exhausted. I do have to say congratulations to Jason "mild/wild man" Ludtke for finishing tenth and Cale Wenthur for finishing 11th. It was both there first race in the threes category. Also to James Lalonde for killing it in the threes as well by winning both days on a single speed. Katy "Snacks" Steudel for crushing it, while manging a modeling career too. By the time my bike's put together and I bribe someone to upgrade me to threes everyone will be in the twos! Great job guys!

I did manage to go on a longer ride though. It was nice although it was overcast and it took me an hour or so to actually get out the door. I had already been bumed about missing cross, then I wake up to the weather looking like it was going to rain. I did the old Port Washington ride and felt amazingly strong the whole way there (keep in mind only one way). Once I arrived I descided I needed to make up for my absense in cross, so I headed west to Saukville where after passing thourgh started to go south. I had been feeling great, but I must have left the feeling in Port as my legs started to hurt. I hustled down to Cedaburg, then headed back east to my front yard(the lake). After the short loop up north, I began the ride home while munching on a powerbar that gave me some power gas(not the kind that fuels a bike ride). At about Whitesnake Bay a black s.u.v. layed on the horn next to me. I was exhausted and was to tired to look over, until they rolled the window down then yelled, "Pick up the Pace!". It was a guy I deliver packages for, which I thought was pretty cool. I only see him a couple times a week for probably under five minutes at a time. So I was blown away that he recongised me. I soon was approching Kenwood where I dropped into the little ring where I belonged. The ride made me feel that I had accomplished something this weekend and gave me a bit more pep to get the cross bike together ASAP. So hopefully next time you see me i can give you a high five on my high five or atleast you can watch me ride it.

Congratualtions to everyone at the Sun Prarie race. Sorry if i missed you perhaps next time I can give you a shout out. Although I doubt people actually read this.

3 comments:

Shawn Small said...

I read it brother.

my High-Five is a well tuned machined now, learn how to set up derailleurs!!

Also FYI when cutting your carbon fork down finish off the end with a little super glue, it prevents moisture from getting in the layers and delaminating.

jasonludtke said...

I just read this. see you saturday!

Jason said...

You gotta put it together and ride the bike and then you have to come up here so I can see it!

and I keep my eye on you, guy.